About this Course
The ArchiMate® 3.1 Foundation eLearning course is an open standard modelling language for Enterprise Architecture.
After attending the ArchiMate® 3.1 Foundation training, delegates will be able to model a uniform representation of an organisation’s Enterprise Architecture with diagrams that describe, analyse, and visualize the different architecture domains, their relationships, and dependencies in an unambiguous way. Ensuring that stakeholders have a common language of communication to define and understand the concept of architecture change.
ArchiMate® introduces a unique concept for visualising, defining ‘architectural viewpoints,’ that enable enterprise architects to describe different stakeholder interests and concerns. From migration of legacy applications, to consolidation of existing IT infrastructure, ArchiMate® supports cross-domain analysis, direct and indirect impact of change from different architectural viewpoints.
ArchiMate® is designed to support other modeling languages, such as, UML for systems and BPMN for business processes, thereby providing comprehensive and detailed model visualization of your enterprise.
- Introduction to the course
- The structure and underlying principles of the ArchiMate® 3 modelling language
- Relationships between concepts
- Standard architectural viewpoints in ArchiMate®
- How to apply the concepts, relationships, views and viewpoints
- How to develop models and adapt the language to suit your architectural context
- Understanding of the core and extension concepts of the language
- Course Conclusions and next steps
Who is this Course for?
Our ArchiMate® 3.1 Foundation is suitable for individuals responsible for developing, planning, or managing the execution of all or part of an Enterprise Architecture. The course is intended for:
- Enterprise Architects
- Solution Architects
- Business Architects
- Data Architects
- IT Professionals
This course prepares delegates to take the ArchiMate 3.1 exam from the Open Group.
You can take the exams at the following locations:
- At a local Pearson VUE Test Centre
- At your home or office using online proctoring