TOGAF in its Enterprise Edition remains what it has always been, namely an architecture framework – a set of methods and tools for developing a broad range of different IT architectures. It enables IT users to design, evaluate, and build the right architecture for their organization, and reduces the costs of planning, designing, and implementing architectures based on open systems solutions.
The key to TOGAF® remains a reliable, practical method – the TOGAF® Architecture Development Method (ADM) – for defining business needs and developing an architecture that meets those needs, utilizing the elements of TOGAF® and other architectural assets available to the organization.
As governance has become an increasingly visible requirement for organisational management, the adoption of governance into TOGAF®, aligns the framework with current business best practice and also ensures a level of visibility, guidance, and control that will support all architecture stakeholder requirements and obligations.
Who would benefit from using TOGAF®?
Any organization undertaking, or planning to undertake, the design and implementation of Enterprise Architecture for the support of mission-critical business applications, using open systems building blocks.
Customers who design and implement Enterprise Architectures using TOGAF®, are ensured of a design and a procurement specification that will greatly facilitate open systems implementation, and will enable the benefits of open systems to accrue to their organisations with reduced risk.
Topics covered in the TOGAF for Practitioners course are:
- The business rationale for Enterprise Architecture and TOGAF®
- The TOGAF® Architecture Development Method and its deliverables, including Business, Data, Applications and Technology Architecture
- The Enterprise Continuum
- Enterprise Architecture Governance
- Architecture Principles and their development
- Architecture Views and Viewpoints
- An Introduction to Building Blocks
- Architecture Partitioning
- Content Framework and Meta Model
- Capability Based Planning
- Business Transformation Readiness
- Architecture Repository
- Requirements Engineering using Business Scenarios
- Architecture Maturity Assessments
- Architecture Skills Framework
- Using TOGAF® to develop Security Architectures
- Using TOGAF® to define and govern SOA
Please feel free to speak to one of our advisors to obtain the course plan and timings.
To become TOGAF certified you must pass The Open Group’s examinations. These are held at third party examination centers worldwide, with the accredited invigilator. We shall issue an exam voucher which will need to be redeemed via The Open Group whereby you will be able to book a location and date that suits you.
As part of the TOGAF Level 1 and 2 course, we issue the combined voucher as standard, meaning you will take Level 2 directly after the Level 1 exam, if you wish to take them separately please mention this to our booking team.
Whilst you await your exam you can revise using our online learning portal and when you are ready you can take our practice exam to test your performance.
Foundation Level 1 Exam
- There are 40 multiple choice questions
- It is a closed book examination
- You have 1 hour to complete the exam
- The pass mark is 55% (22 questions out of 40)
Practitioner Level 2 Exam
- There are Eight scenario based questions
- It is and open book examination
- You have 1 hour and 30 minutes to complete the exam.
- The pass mark is 60% (24 points out of a possible 40)
English as a second language
If English is a second language (ESL) and you are not in a country on the ESL exemption list, but still need extra time to do the exam, you will need to contact the Open Group (https://help.opengroup.org/home) for an ESL code which you will them use when booking.
All ESL bookings will be done through the invigilator’s customer service by phone and not via the online registration process. Should your country be in the exemption list you will automatically be awarded an additional 30 minutes. The standard ESL extra time is set at 30 minutes, this includes doing TOGAF 9.1 Level 1 &2. If you are doing the combined exam for Level 1 & 2 certification and wish to have 60 minutes please specify this when speaking to the Open Group Help Desk https://help.opengroup.org/home.
Book in 15 seconds